CAMP DATES: TEAM CAMP 1 JUNE 26-30, TEAM CAMP 2 JULY 10-14, TEAM CAMP 3 JULY 17-21
We believe if you or your team is looking to gain improvement in your team’s technique, while competing against a variety of teams/individuals throughout the Midwest – attend one of the Nebraska team camps! We will do a great job for your individuals, as well, as help your team develop as they compete 12 to 15 times throughout the camp. Teams that have attended our camps enjoy the organized approach, along with competition, nutritional and weight raining advice on how to bring out your team’s best! The following are some factors that separate our camps from the others, while offering coaches and wrestlers:
- An environment with competition from across the country (Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, S. Dakota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado, Montana, Utah, Kansas Missouri, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma). Four teams last summer were ranked in the top 25 high school rankings.
- A great combination of daily technique combined with 3-4 dual meets daily.
- Outstanding clinicians who teach and break down the techniques and drills for campers and coaches. We will cover top and bottom, as well as takedowns, which will work at any level.
- Team Leaders who will be assigned to your team that will assist you with motivating, encouraging, counseling, and instructing your wrestlers throughout the week.
- An indoor track facility (air conditioned) which provides tremendous space and a great competition environment.
- A Husker Power specialist will provide with you advice on how to weight rain and lift properly.
- Knowledge from how to mentally prepare for competition, as well as how to provide the proper nutrition for optimal performance.
- Many wrestlers attend our team camps even though they come with 3-4 guys from one school. We put you on teams based on weight class and needs from other teams that need someone at your weight class. This is a great camp experience, by meeting new people and bonding with a team in a competitive environment. Don’t let the lack of effort from other teammates keep you from improving as a wrestler!
Our team camps will be conducted to benefit your wrestlers and coaches from a competitive standpoint, as well as a technical one. If there is an area you and your team need to improve upon, we will cover those areas also. There is not a minimum or maximum number of campers you can bring as a team. We will combine teams for competition reasons to ensure each every wrestler is on a team. (Individuals are encouraged to register.) Also, teams can be formed by a particular area; however, this team will not receive the discounted rate after 10 campers. A special all-star team will be selected on Wednesday of each camp. Each all-star will receive a special t-shirt. We want each team, coach, and camper have the best experience they have ever had at our camp. Individuals are welcome, as there will be other individuals and small teams that will be looking or more team members.
Wrestling Camp Cost Break Down
Number / Live-in / Commuter
1-10 / $350 / $280
11-15 / $340 / $270
16-20 / $330 / $260
21-25 / $320/ $250
26+ / $310 / $240
Resident coaches: $160 (10 wrestlers or less) Commuter coaches: $90 (10 wrestlers or less)
Discounts: Team discounts will only be in effect up to the postmark date (see below). Any entries past the postmark date MUST pay full price. Additional campers after the postmark date will not count toward the original discounted team price.
Post Mark Deadline Dates
- Team Camp I: June 2, 2017
- Team Camp II: June 9, 2017
- Team Camp III: June 16, 2017
- Multiple Camps: June 9, 2017
Coaches at Team Camps
For every 10 wrestlers who attend Team Camp, one coach is free, due to their supervisory role with their athletes in the dorm and between sessions. If you bring more than one coach, it will be $135.00 for each additional coach (depending on number of wrestlers – see below)
- 10 Wrestlers = 1 free coach, each additional coach pays $160.00
- 20 Wrestlers = 2 free coaches, each additional coach pays $160.00
- 30 Wrestlers = 3 free coaches, each additional coach pays $160.00
Rooming Lists should be included with your camp registrations or emailed to Ellen Shutts @ firstname.lastname@example.org no later than JUNE 2 for TEAM CAMP I, JUNE 9 for TEAM CAMP 2, AND JUNE 16 for TEAM CAMP 3.
Name changes and deletions only after this date. Due to Housing deadlines, any additions will be at the discretion of the Camp and cannot be guaranteed.